Minister Hart announces the creation of the French Language Services Directorate in April 2006.
- Advice – FLSD advises departments on appropriate French Language Services.
- Translation – FLSD translates, revises and proof-reads print and website material.
- Informal interpretation – FLSD helps departments communicate with French-speaking clients and assists at meetings and public consultations.
- Consultation – FLSD facilitates consultation with Yukon’s French-speaking community.
- Negotiation – FLSD negotiates funding for services with the Government of Canada.
- Training – FLSD’s Adult French Language Training Centre provides day and evening courses for government employees and the public.